Linksys is a well-known wireless network solutions provider for home users and business. Now it’s introducing Linksys WRT610N, it’s a dual band ‘N’ wireless router. Dual-band refers to a router’s ability to function on two different frequency bands. [Read more…]
Belkin Wireless Network Card Drivers
Make sure you download the correct driver for your version. To check which version you need download, compare the FCC ID on the product. There are different driver versions for windows XP, Vista and Mac. You will be downloading setup.exe files. Once it is downloaded locate the file and double-click on it and follow the on-screen instructions. [Read more…]
Belkin F5U409 is compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit computers, however there is no driver for windows 7 on Bekin site, It also supports Mac OS 9.X and 8.X
Belkin F5U409 driver installation
Note: Do not plugged in the adapter before the Belkin F5U409 driver installation.
- You can run the downloaded driver file, ignore the windows warning message and click on “Continue anyway” once you finish setup, plug in the Belkin adapter and you will get a pop up message [Read more…]
Note: This article will show you how to setup Belkin router manually and connect your computer to the wireless network, you can always use installation CD for configuration, if that fails you go through the manual process.
Basic step before proceeding with any of the troubleshooting steps lets power-cycle modem and router
- Unplug the power cord of your Internet Modem
- Power off the router by unplugging the Belkin router from the power outlet (electric wall socket) as well. (IMPORTANT: Leave both the devices off for at least 60 seconds)
- Then power on Internet modem first by plugging power cord back in and wait for 60 seconds until all the lights gets steady.
- Once you see all the lights lit on the modem power on your Belkin router by plugging the power adapter into an electric outlet.
Now see if you can access internet if not reboot your computer and check for internet connectivity. This is the easiest workaround to fix any modem-router issues.
Let’s say you’ve lost your original CD or your unable to setup router using CD, Still you can configure your Belkin wireless G plus router manually using the web interface (GUI).
Related Posts you might like:
Belkin Wireless Router Setup
Step 1 : Log on to Belkin G Setup Page
This is applicable for Belkin recent models N600, N300 and Belkin N150 as-well. It’s very easy to access Belkin settings page, make sure ethernet cables are connected properly. you can follow the above link if you’re not sure how to connect cable between router, modem and computer.
Now, type Belkin router ip address http://192.168.2.1 by going to start and RUN window or type it in the address bar of your web browser (internet explorer/safari/Firefox) and you will be able to see router settings page.
If you’re reading this, the odds are you just bought yourself a new Belkin-N router or your facing some issues with Belkin router setup. But, if you can’t find the answer you want, you can find the articles below.
Related Posts you might like:
- Belkin Wireless G router Setup without using CD
- Reset Belkin Wireless Router Password
- Belkin Router IP address
(Step by Step Guide to configure Belkin N Router and also guides you through the process of installing settings).
Using Belkin Router you can connect multiple computers to one internet connection. Belkin 802.11 N Router is most widely used pretty old router . It doesn’t matter which internet connection your using Belkin has different series of router which supports Cable, DSL, ADSl, fiber and satellite connections. If you are setting up Belkin router for the first time it will be time consuming process if things are not in place. Follow the Belkin wireless router setup instructions below and you will be able to access internet in all WI-FI equipped device’s like: Computers, Printers, Scanners, Gaming device’s and Smart Phones.
Troubleshoot Belkin N router and modem
Checklist Before Installing Belkin wireless router
1. Make sure you are able to access internet using Cable or DSL modem. ( If not reset your modem and check)
2. If it’s a DSL connection, It requires user name and password.
3. Change the network settings in your computer: Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel” Double click on “Network Connections. Right-click on “Local Area Connection” highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on Properties button. You need to check the box which say’s (Obtain an IP Address Automatically) and (Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically).
Belkin Router Cable Connection
- Select any one of the LAN port on the back of the router and plug the cable, other end goes to computer. (There are 4 LAN ports on the back your Belkin router choose any one)
- Now connect the modem cable to your router’s “WAN” port ( Yellow or Green color port)
- First turn ON your modem and wait for 1 minute, until modem lights get’s steady, Connect power cord on the back of your router from AC outlet.
- You can see some lights blinking on the router, wait for a minute, you will see all the lights get steady. Now Belkin N wireless router is ready for WiFi, you can try connecting your laptop and other wireless devices to the Belkin router