This is especially useful when Internet explorer crashes, hangs or slow to start even when it gives some error message.These browser issues probably caused by an add-on. Some buggy add-ons may monitor your web browsing habits and also it can gather your personal information. [Read more…]
Registry tips for Internet Explorer to Disable or Enable File Downloads using registry.
Start the Registry editor
Open your registry by going to START > Run > type ‘regedit’ and find or locate the path mentioned below to create DWORD value or modify the key below.
Note: The setting enables you to restrict the ability to download files while using Internet Explorer.
User Key: (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3)
System Key: (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3)
Create a DWORD value : (To the top left EDIT>NEW> DWORD value
Modify the existing value : Search for file called “1803”. Right click on “1803” file and click on modify. Here you can change the value to 0 or 3 , set it according to the value [0 = Enable downloads , 3 = disable downloads]
Exit your registry (To the top left go to file and click on exit)
After changing the value you need to restart or log out from Windows for the changes to take effect.
Internet Explorer Issues & Solutions
There is no best software to repair internet explorer so follow these simple steps when Internet Explorer becomes unresponsive or crashes.
- First Clear Browser Cache.
- Reset all browser settingsclick Tools > Internet options select ‘Security’ and click on Reset all Zones to Default level.
- Run the full scan using an anti-spyware or anti malware and try catching some viruses, spywares, and other malicious software.Also you can download Microsoft Security Essentials which is free to use on your Windows-based PC
- Disable Add-ons and checkClick Start -> All Programs ->Accessories -> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
Now Restart Internet Explorer and see if your problem is resolved.
- Update the Internet Explorer and check because it may replace outdated files and fix the issue.
In Internet Explorer 8: Click the Safety button (towards top right) click Windows Update.
In Internet Explorer 7: Click Tools and then click Windows Update.
Hot Fix Internet Explorer SFC /SCANNOW (Time Required: 15 to 20 minutes)
First you need to login as an administrator in Windows 7 and Windows Vista In order to fix corrupted system files You can use the SFC /SCANNOW command using command prompt, it will scan and detect corrupted files and you may be asked to insert your original windows7 DVD for restoring corrupted files.But don’t forget to restart your sytem after process completes.
Some other useful links
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Browser accumulates tons of files each time you access internet and visit different web pages. By clearing Cache you can free up some space in your browser, this improves browser performance and speed. Delete cache and cookies often so that you can keep Browser fresh.
Clear Cache in Internet Explorer 7
- Go to Tools (top right corner) and then select the last option “Internet Options”
- Under General tab you will find Browsing history section, Click on Delete
- Click on delete files, Delete Cookies, Delete history and forms.
- Press ‘YES’ when it prompts while deleting.
Clear Cache in Internet Explorer 8
- Top right corner select “SAFETY” menu and then click on “delete Browsing History”
- Check the box “Temporary Internet files and History”
- Then Click Delete.
- It takes few seconds to delete cache.
Clear Cache and Cookies in Firefox 3 and 3.5 versions
- Go to “Tools” select “Clear Recent History” in drop down menu
- Check cache and Cookies or else press (Ctrl+Shift+Del)
- Click on Clear now.
Clear Cache in Safari
- Go to Safari menu and select “Reset Safari“
- Select “Empty the Cache and remove all Cookies” from drop down menu
- It will prompt you if you really want to delete the cache.
- Click on “Empty” and continue.