- Some times you may find some issues with your Outlook like freezing or it may crash often. There are several reasons for corruption of Outlook PST File or OST File. Also you may get error message when you access Outlook and read / delete email or when you click ‘Send/Receive’ button error message prompts saying “An unknown error has occurred” , “Messaging interface has caused an unknown error” and “0X80040600” errors
Outlook 2010 is latest version of Microsoft Outlook with advance features works much faster than earlier version and protects inbox’s from malicious threats. But still there are chances your pst file may not respond.
The Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) is designed to help repair problems that are associated with personal folder (.pst) files. Scanpst.exe helps in repair corrupt or damaged Outlook PST files.
Outlook Error codes:
“Outlook.pst can not be accessed – 0x80040116”
“An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040119”
“An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040600”
“pst has reached maximum size limit”
“OL2000: Unable to Use Your Personal Folder File if it Exceeds the 2 GB Size Limit”
How to Use SCANPST.exe or Inbox Repair Tool & Fix Outlook Issues
- First you need to locate the inbox repair tool or scan pst.exe file, navigate to “c” drive basically it will be located where you install MS Outlook, You can follow the path below, Windows 7 users can copy and paste the below file location search field on the start menu.
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 ( Under Office14 folder you will find SCANPST.EXE file).
- Click Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon your operating system.
- Double click the Scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Now hit Browse and locate your PST file (file name of the personal folder).
- (More info: How to find Outlook.pst file location)
- Click Start and it will start checking for errors in pst file. Once the process is complete, you need to click the Repair button.
- Before repair make sure backup option is checked so that you can recover the file in case Outlook pst repair fails.