Microsoft email client Outlook 2010 is much more easy to handle than its predecessors. There are some features like The Ribbon, Conversation View, Google calendar sync and quick and easy steps for adding email accounts are really great.
Many people know about IMAP feature in Gmail. If you set this option you will be able to sync all folders in Outlook 2010 with Gmail. Unlike POP; IMAP is much better because of its sync feature.
How to Enable IMAP Feature in Gmail
- You have POP and IMAP options in the below picture, select IMAP here
Setup Gmail in Outlook 2010
- After enabling IMAP in Gmail, Open MS Outlook 2010 and click the office button or file button to the top left corner
- Under the Info tab you will be find Account Settings option, here click on the drop down button and select Account Settings -Add Accounts. You can check the screen shot below.
- New pop-up windows appears click new and then click next
- Fill in your details: Enter Your Name, Email Address, and Password and click Next.
- This will take 2 minutes to validate and fetch Gmail server settings and log you on to the server.
Note: If you have selected manual configuration make sure you have enable these settings mentioned below
- Make sure the Incoming server encryption is set to SSL
- Outgoing server encryption is set to TLS
- Gmail: Incoming Server Address: 993
- Gmail: Outgoing Server Address: 587