We’ve been hearing for quite some time. Many people report this error in forums, So follow the instruction to fix this error and restore iPhone 4,3GS to i.O.s 4.0.1
Symptoms: You may get this error, if you are running iOs 4..0.1 with iPhone 4 or iPhone 3Gs. This happens usually when you try to restore your iPhone back to iOs 4.0.1. While doing this iTunes will prompt a error saying : “This iPhone could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build”
Causes: Apple has stopped signing iOS 4.0.1 with this build (iPhone 4 or iPhone 3Gs)
Troubleshooting: How to Fix Error codes:1004,1015 and Restore iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 4.0.1 .
Checklist Before Fix:
- SHSH blobs files should be saved on Cydia for the firmware version you restoring or downgrading. You won’t be able to perform this ( downgrade or restore to iOS 4.0.1) without SHSH blobs files saved.
- Troubleshooting will be different for Mac OS X users and windows operating system user’s check whether you have iOS 4.0.1 ipsw firmware files?? If not you can download it from here ( iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G)
- DFU mode should be enabled on your device, Once DFU mode is enable iPhone screen will be blank , Make sure you do not turn ON recovery mode.
Follow the instructions below.
- First Connect your device to computer. After connecting turn iPhone off.
- Start iTunes on your computer, Now you need to hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds you can release power button but keep holding the home button and you will get a message on computer saying “new device found or something like that.
Windows Operating system users Go to:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate “hosts” file, Open this “hosts” file in Notepad (Right Click on it “Open with” select notepad) Note: Windows vista and Windows 7 users should run notepad as administrator in order to save the file. (right click on notepad and select “run as administrator”
Mac OS X users:
Users should login as admin with full read and write access. Access –> Go to Folder” from Finder, you will get “/etc/” directory. Open this “hosts” file in TextEdit (Right Click on it “Open with” TextEdit)
- Once you open notepad (windows user) / TextEdit (Mac OS X user) you will find some copyrights information; You have to enter this ip without brackets (220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com) just below ::1 local host and SAVE the file and close all the files.
Now it’s time to restore iPhone to the firmware which we downloaded ” iOS 4.0.1 ipsw firmware files”
- Click phone icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Windows users can press and hold (Left “Shift” button) and Mac OS users (Left “alt” button) using keyboard. Click on “Restore” button on iTunes and then release this button.
- Once you hit Restore ITune may prompt a message to select the path of file location.locate the file which we have downloaded. Now the process starts. You may get error messages like 1004 or 1015 Ignore this.
- You may have to download a program called TinyUmbrella ,We are using this program to get the device out of recovery mode where it says “Connect to iTunes screen” doing nothing.
Run the program and once it opens click on “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button. Your device will now restart normally within a minute. If you have any doubts or queries let us know in the comments.