If you’re reading this, the odds are you just bought yourself a new Belkin-N router or your facing some issues with Belkin router setup. But, if you can’t find the answer you want, you can find the articles below.
Related Posts you might like:
- Belkin Wireless G router Setup without using CD
- Reset Belkin Wireless Router Password
- Belkin Router IP address
(Step by Step Guide to configure Belkin N Router and also guides you through the process of installing settings).
Using Belkin Router you can connect multiple computers to one internet connection. Belkin 802.11 N Router is most widely used pretty old router . It doesn’t matter which internet connection your using Belkin has different series of router which supports Cable, DSL, ADSl, fiber and satellite connections. If you are setting up Belkin router for the first time it will be time consuming process if things are not in place. Follow the Belkin wireless router setup instructions below and you will be able to access internet in all WI-FI equipped device’s like: Computers, Printers, Scanners, Gaming device’s and Smart Phones.
Troubleshoot Belkin N router and modem
Checklist Before Installing Belkin wireless router
1. Make sure you are able to access internet using Cable or DSL modem. ( If not reset your modem and check)
2. If it’s a DSL connection, It requires user name and password.
3. Change the network settings in your computer: Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel” Double click on “Network Connections. Right-click on “Local Area Connection” highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on Properties button. You need to check the box which say’s (Obtain an IP Address Automatically) and (Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically).
Belkin Router Cable Connection
- Select any one of the LAN port on the back of the router and plug the cable, other end goes to computer. (There are 4 LAN ports on the back your Belkin router choose any one)
- Now connect the modem cable to your router’s “WAN” port ( Yellow or Green color port)
- First turn ON your modem and wait for 1 minute, until modem lights get’s steady, Connect power cord on the back of your router from AC outlet.
- You can see some lights blinking on the router, wait for a minute, you will see all the lights get steady. Now Belkin N wireless router is ready for WiFi, you can try connecting your laptop and other wireless devices to the Belkin router
How to Enable Security on Belkin Router