This method of resetting the router is also known as hard reset. You can perform this hard reset on Linksys router as a last troubleshooting step for any routers issue, resetting the router is useful if you’ve forgotten user name and password to access your router’s admin page or router default setting page.
Router resets are beneficial when your router consistently dropping the internet connection after the firmware update and also if you don’t know the user name and password.
How to Reset Linksys Router
Here below is a simple method how to reset your Linksys router, follow the below instructions.
- Disconnect ISP modem from the Linksys router.
- Before resetting, make sure Linksys wireless router is Turned ON.
- Locate the reset button at the back of your Linksys router. (If you find a tiny hole to reset you may need to use pin or a tooth pick.)
- Now, press and hold the Reset button, you can wait approximately 20 to 30 seconds.
- Within 20 seconds Power light and WLAN light will flash.
- Once you find Power light and WLAN light back on, connect your internet modem to the router.
- Restart your computer and open the browser to check the internet connectivity.
Note: Resetting Linksys router will restore default factory settings of a router. This includes security settings , network name and admin page user name and password (Experienced users may have typical settings like port forwarding, VPN etc. ).